Welcome to the AAS 237 iPoster Turbo Talk Upload Site! Please follow the following instructions for composing and submitting your pre-recorded summary.
AAS 237 iPoster Turbo Talk Upload Site
1. Record your Summary Video
Tips for Recording your Summary Video
Before you record
- Move to a quiet area and close the door.
- Use a landline connection instead of a mobile device. For the best sound quality, avoid speakerphone and instead use the handset or a headset.
- Silence noisy digital devices: set your smartphone to silent, turn off the ringer on additional phone lines, and disable audible alerts on your tablet.
- Keep water or something to drink nearby to keep your voice fresh. Any pauses to take a sip can be edited out.
- Pretend you are delivering your summary to a live audience.
- Use neutral salutations if the recording is intended for a global audience.
- Use general greetings (“Hello” or “Welcome”) rather than time of day greetings (“Good morning”) if the conference is scheduled for a different time of day than your pre-recording session.
- To minimize noise, slide papers to the side rather than flipping pages.
- Close your presentation clearly or hand it back to the operator for Q&A (if you are taking questions live after the playback).
Looking your best on camera
- Be aware of your lighting – lighting can make your video look great or washed out. Light sources should come from in front of you or from your side in order to best light your face.
- Pick an area that is calm and free of distraction. Keep the area behind you clean.
- Look at your webcam and not your screen so those on the call feel like you are looking at them.
- Remember to use gestures and mannerisms like you normally would in person.
2. Before you upload
Review your recording
When finished recording, please watch it and answer the following questions:
- Is the audio consistent and clear, free from static, hums, hisses, or interference?
- Is the audio at the right level, without having to adjust your volume very high or very low?
- Does your talk start promptly? (your narration should begin within the first 3 seconds)
- Does your recording end promptly after your closing remarks, without being cut off early or continuing on for too long?
- Do all of your slides, movies, and animations appear correctly?
Check File Format
Your recording should be a movie file using the .mp4 file extension. Other movie formats will be automatically converted to .mp4, so to avoid possible conversion issues, an original .mp4 file is recommended.
Recordings must be received by Tuesday, December 15th.
4. If there are issues with your file
Once we’ve received your uploaded file, it will be added to the queue awaiting publication. If there are any technical problems detected, we may ask that you re-record your summary.
5. Zoom Virtual Background
Please take a moment to download one of the official AAS virtual backgrounds by clicking an image below and saving it to your computer. Using an official background is encouraged, but not required.
If you have any questions, please contact us.